Accounts Payable Risk
and Fraud Prevention.
Book your training today to Reserve the date
Payment fraud is expanding on all fronts. It’s both internal and external and without the proper controls in place, organizations can be hit using a variety of approaches. In this session, we look at the types of fraud and then offer recommendations on best practices to minimize check fraud, p-card fraud, T&E fraud, and electronic payment fraud. Because electronic payment fraud is relatively new and the number of ways it can be committed is so varied, we spend quite a bit of time on that topic.
Learn how to empower your accounts payable department to prevent overpayments and minimize fraud risk while enriching the work experience of your team. This workshop will focus on:
- Identifying risks associated with all key activities of the accounts payable function
- Learning the advantages of effective compliance training for the accounts payable team
- Exploring accounts payable controls needed to enhance control environment and mitigate opportunities for fraud
- Motivating critical personnel to enhance your control environment
- Implement effective AP fraud detection techniques and build audit practices to detect red flags of AP fraud.
- Implement best-practice Anti-Fraud Control strategies for AP.
- Advise management on fraud risk mitigation through transaction monitoring, technology/information technology tools and low-cost internal controls.
- Recommend better anti-fraud management structure (Board of Directors/Executive Management, Line Management, Compliance, General Counsel, etc.)
- Internal and external audit professionals
- Accounts Payables
- Accounting and audit practitioners
- Senior financial management seeking to reduce their vulnerability to costly frauds
- Procurement and payables specialists
- Compliance and ethics managers
- CFO’s/senior financial managers
- Security personnel
Whilst BMK Training has core courses which we offer on an international basis to both companies and individuals, we also recognise that from time to time, your company may have specific training requirements that cannot be satisfied in a public training environment.
We can bring our Training/workshops directly to your workplace or we will customize training to meet your specific needs ensuring effectiveness in achieving real performance improvement.
If you have 8 or more delegates then, in house training can be of a greater advantage for your organization.
Advantages of in-house training include:
- Cost savings up to 50% of the training expenses with more effective group training.
- Training is confidential, allowing teams to discuss and work on real issues as trainers will usually sign confidentiality agreements.
- In-house training encourages team building and better understanding of one another
- Training is fully-customized for any team, department, or organization