Administration of Board
and Strategic Meeting Management
21 – 25 August 2023
Johannesburg South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
R 15,999.00 Per Delegate
Writing Board Reports:
When writing board reports, remember that the purpose is to communicate committee updates to the board. When committee members offer reports with enthusiasm, the rest of the board will receive the information with enthusiasm. Learning about the progress that the organization is making keeps the entire board on track towards their goals.
What Goes Into a Report for the Board of Directors?
Each report will be as unique as the committee that prepares it. Following is a list of elements that could be uses as a template for a report to the board.
- Name of committee
- Name of committee chair
- Names of committee members
- The objective of the committee
- Summary of recent accomplishments and current activities
- List of activities in progress and upcoming events
- Financial impact
- Dissenting opinions
- Recommendations to the executive director or CEO
- Recommendations to the Board of Directors
A course in secretariat generally delves into the responsibilities of a collective group of individuals, the office or the department in general. Studies can include learning about those responsible for performing routine administrative and clerical tasks for an official governmental or international entity
Being a skilled office Manager or administrator, requires exceptional office management skills, complete accuracy in filing and management of records, top-class business writing abilities, excellent communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal abilities. This training program will help you cover and upskill yourself will all of these skills required to be today’s successful Executive Secretary.
By the end of this Course, participants will be able to:
- Realise the importance of defining and understanding your crucial role as a secretary or office manager.
- Be able to plan, organize and prioritize effectively by using computer.
- Foster a productive and efficient office environment.
- Organize and structure processes and procedures by using computer properly.
- Better utilize and organize your time by using computer programs.
- Use office management software effectively.
- Develop the important secretarial skills required in a modern-day business
- Emit the drive to grow in secretarial practices
- Create a positive impact on the performance of the organization as a whole
- Boost your written and face-to-face communication
- Enhance their interpersonal skills
- Set priorities and manage time efficiently
- Learn to think proactively and positively
- Learn to set up effective filing and records management systems
- Learn to organize and manage petty cash
- Manage stock and stationery supplies
- Handle Stress and learn stress management techniques
- Enhance telephone skills
- Be assertive and build a good rapport with stakeholders
- Office Managers,
- Management Assistants,
- Senior Secretaries.
- Anyone becoming an office manager, executive secretary, or taking office- management responsibilities.
Module 1: Understanding the core components of the office manager role:
Module 2: Organizational Skills
- Organizing Oneself
- Organizing the Office
- Organizing Meetings
- Organizing Travel Arrangements
- Managing Time and Setting Priorities
- Time Wasters and Time Savers
- SMART Goals
Module 3: Business Communication
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional business writing
- Obtaining your objective with the reader
- Expectations of readers
- Active Listening
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Etiquette of e-mail writing
- Report writing and Proof-reading
- Deliver effective presentations
Module 4: Stress management
- Stress management techniques
- Causes and symptoms
- Identifying your stressors
- How stress affects performance
- Formulating a comprehensive stress management plan
- Understanding the root causes of stress
- Relaxation techniques for keeping the mind and body sharp
- Understand the life cycle of stressful thinking
Module 5: Office Technology
- Office Technology: The next step
- Use of the latest Technology to aid tasks
- Planners, Schedulers, Digital Assistants
- Office ergonomics and set-up
- Desk Management
- Overuse and Abuse of technology
- Amplifying the use of office technology
- Basic Finance and accounting software
- Basic Stock Control and Stationery
- Basic Secretarial Tools and Applications
Module 6: Interpersonal Skills
- Personality Development
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management
- Business Etiquette
- Body Language
- Human Resource Management Skills
- Problem-solving techniques and Decision Making
- Effective delegation
- Project management techniques for meeting tight deadlines
- Planning methodologies
- Conflict resolution techniques
Module 7: Ethics and professionalism
- Office Ethics: Base Principles
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Maintaining Appropriate Professional Image
- Timekeeping and Punctuality
- Saying ‘No’ Constructively and Giving Alternatives
- Urgency and Importance
- Safety & Security
- Policies and Compliance
Module 8: Information Management
- Record Management
- Filling Techniques
- Effective Filing Systems
- Data Management
- Storing and Retrieving Data
- Distribution and Use of Data
- Use of Spreadsheets: Excel
- Digitalization of records
- Automation of Information flow
End of the workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.