Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
in Smart Grid.
04 – 08 October 2021 – Johannesburg, South Africa
25 – 29 October 2021 – Nairobi, Kenya
07 – 11 November 2021 - Dubai
Register Now! Few Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
Of late, there has been an increased demand in the implementation and roll-out of advanced metering infrastructure to improve load management, demand response, revenue protection, and customer service improvement. The deployment of this infrastructure enables energy utilities to support energy shortages, which is another important factor behind its uptake. The rising requirement of energy in emerging economies and the expected improvement in customer service levels and utility efficiency have also led to the demand for advanced metering infrastructure solutions and services. Plus, the increasing uptake of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the rapid increase in the construction of smart grids will also continue to drive the growth of this market.
That said, there are still a number of technical, commercial and return on investment-linked challenges associated with Advanced Metering Infrastructure and related Meter Data Management Systems that need to be overcome. This training will introduce the essential knowledge and best practices on AMI infrastructure design, planning, and rollout. It will also assist participants in building a sound business case around the AMI implementation whilst ensuring there’s a return on investment.
Upon Successful Completion of this Training Course the Participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the various elements involved in Smart Metering Technology
- Understand the importance of Accurate Electrical Metering Technology
- Gain an appreciation of the different types of Electricity Tariffs
- Gain a clear understanding of different types of Electrical Metering Instruments
- Be aware of what technologies can be employed to increase Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
- Understand the roadmap for future roll-out of the Smart Grid
- Gain insight into Smart Metering Devices and Principles of Operation
- Appreciate the role of BMS and SCADA systems in Advanced Metering Applications.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the technical features of different types of pumps, compressors and turbines, and their capabilities and limitations
- Learn how to be familiar with principles of the hydraulic and mechanical design of pumps, compressors, and turbines according to existing world standards and codes
- Gain knowledge on the selection of optimal type and size for a given industrial application
- Diagnose and estimate the degree of deterioration and inefficiency of pumps, compressors, and turbines and the ways to improve them
- Learn the best practices and techniques of pinpointing the problems, and choosing the most efficient remedies, in operation, such as cavitation, surge, stall, choking, corrosion, erosion, etc
Who Should Attend?
This masterclass is designed for executives and engineers in the energy, power & utility industry who wants to improve their practical knowledge on AMI planning and rollout from the following job functions:
Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Specialists of the following:
- Power Trading
- Electrical Power Systems
- Infrastructure Systems
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.