Board Directors and Chief Executives:
The Boards That Lead
Corporate Governance That Builds Value
19 – 22 April 2022 -Johannesburg South Africa
01 – 04 August 2022 - Dubai
22 – 25 November 2022 - Bangkok
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
Public R17, 999.00
Virtual R10, 999.00
Virtual R10, 999.00
Public R17, 999.00,
Virtual R10, 999.00,
$2500.00 USD - DUBAI,
$2500.00 USD - BANGKOK.
Corporate Governance That Builds Value:
Chief executives today face a number of challenges in the boardroom, among them: increased regulation, pressure from activist shareholders, and corporate governance reforms. This intense program will provides practical steps that directors and executives can take to make their corporate performance most effective through collaborative leadership.
The program provides intriguing insights into corporate governance, giving directors and C-suite executives the knowledge, they need to be high-performing board members that adds significant value to the company. Executives who attend this program gain a new perspective on corporate board governance and what constitutes a strong board while acquiring the skills to more easily collaborate, lead, and motivate each other and management.
Participants who currently serve on a board will learn how to improve their leadership and decision-making effectiveness. Aspiring board members and those whose roles involve extensive contact with directors will get fresh insights on how to partner with boards and build boards that add new value to the company
Highlights and Key Outcomes:
- Understand how the role of a board of directors has changed in today’s increasingly regulated business environment
- Gain an insider’s view of some of the world’s most dynamic boardrooms from the executives who lead them
- Acquire the proven road map for designing and leading an effective board
- Uncover the best methods to recruit and select the most qualified directors
- Collaborate more effectively as a board director, chairperson, or chief executive
Who Should Attend:
- Current and prospective directors,
- Corporate secretaries,
- General counsels of a corporation,
- Institutional investors
- Hedge funds or private equity funds,
- Securities regulators and
- Equity analysts.
- It is also beneficial for senior-level executives who want to gain an understanding of how directors move beyond monitoring and help lead a publicly traded company.
Course Outline :
In sum, this program provides board directors and chief executives with insights and proven strategies to build and lead boards more effectively.
Session topics include:
- The New Role of the Board
- CEO and Director Selection
- Designing Effective Boards
- How to Succeed in the Boardroom
- Board Principles
Through practitioner-led lectures and first-rate networking with other boardroom leaders, participants will discover their own pathway for leadership success.
Specifically, you will learn:
- What a company should look for when recruiting new directors
- How a board can effectively engage and motivate corporate management
- How a board determines suitability when hiring a new CEO
- How an institutional investor or private equity or hedge fund should evaluate a board before investing in a company
In this session participants will gain insights needed to ensure high performance in the long and short term, including:
- Appreciating value creation via financial statements
- Harnessing finance to realize the company’s strategy
- Minimizing financial reporting risks as a member of the audit committee
- Minimizing the threat of litigation for you and your company
- Incentivizing the CEO to create long-term sustainable value as a member of the compensation committee
- Planning for the succession of the CEO
- Benchmark against best practices of corporate governance
- Implementing best practices for private and early-stage boards
During the discussions, participants interact with other directors on emerging topics the boardroom is currently facing, like:
- Anticipating and preparing for the next activist challenge
- Increasing the board’s visibility into disruptive technologies and business models
Leveraging diversity and inclusion to create long-term value
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.