Corporate Treasury Masterclass
How to manage the key financial risks for a corporation
and deliver cost-effective financing
Book your training today to Reserve the date
Banks and capital markets investors have responded to the GFC with tighter lending practices. Shareholders are demanding greater transparency in the corporate approach to financial risk management and regulators are increasingly seeking to take action against negligent corporations. There has never been a more important time for corporations to ensure their treasuries are at least aware of, if not adopting, best practice in their approaches to financial risk management.
This masterclass will specifically address the following key areas and the better practices employed by corporate treasuries to identify, quantify, manage and report the financing and operational risks confronting them:
- How corporate treasuries add value
- Liquidity management
- Cash management
- Corporate funding
- Foreign exchange risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Operational risk management including policies and procedures
- Measuring treasury performance
- Understand the importance of managing liquidity risk and the tools and techniques used by leading corporations to identify and manage potential liquidity traps before they arise
- Learn the transactions and tools available to effectively manage foreign exchange risk
- Learn how to develop effective strategies for managing foreign exchange risk
- Consider the importance of robust cash flow forecasting and how it can be used to reduce the key financial risks and provide opportunities to increase profit.
- Review several different approaches to cash flow forecasting and their strengths and weaknesses
- Learn the importance of financial covenants and how to use stress testing and scenario analysis to identify the key financial risks to the corporation
- Understand the key skills required by corporate treasuries to help guide the corporation through effective financial risk management
- Learn the transactions and tools to effectively manage interest rate risk
- Learn the importance of yield curves and how they can be used to achieve cost-effective interest rates
- Understand the key components of an effective framework for managing financial risks and review examples of the key documents including a treasury policy and a treasury procedures document
- Learn the key controls in managing the back-office for a corporate treasury and how to achieve effective separation of duties with a minimal headcount
- Review and discuss best-practice treasury reporting to ensure the Board and management have a clear and comprehensive understanding of the key financial risks and how they are managed
- Corporate Treasurers
- International Trade Manager
- Investment Officers
- Treasury Officers
- Chief Dealer
- Risk Managers
- Financial Controllers
- Capital Market Manager
- General Managers Finance
- Corporate Accountants
- Corporate Dealers
- Treasury Auditors/Auditors
- Financial Analysts
- Portfolio Executive/Managers/Analyst
Whilst BMK Training has core courses which we offer on an international basis to both companies and individuals, we also recognise that from time to time, your company may have specific training requirements that cannot be satisfied in a public training environment.
We can bring our Training/workshops directly to your workplace or we will customize training to meet your specific needs ensuring effectiveness in achieving real performance improvement.
If you have 8 or more delegates then, in house training can be of a greater advantage for your organization.
Advantages of in-house training include:
- Cost savings up to 50% of the training expenses with more effective group training.
- Training is confidential, allowing teams to discuss and work on real issues as trainers will usually sign confidentiality agreements.
- In-house training encourages team building and better understanding of one another
- Training is fully-customized for any team, department, or organization