Data Analytics for Internal
Auditors, Emerging Technologies
and Fundamentals of Cyber
03 – 07 June 2024
Johannesburg South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
R17, 999.00 Per Delegate
All organisations have an ever-increasing amount of data available to use – generated from internal and external sources. The tools and techniques that organisations now employ to identify, collect, analyse and use this data are continuing to evolve. Understanding and harnessing these new technological developments is essential for Internal Audit departments to remain relevant and to ensure that they are able to provide the assurance and added value that their organisation requires.
This course will provide an analysis of key technological advances in the field of data analytics, artificial intelligence, big data, cyber and data visualisation. We will look at the increasing use of big data and assess the risks and challenges that this presents to organisations. In addition, we will look at the opportunities and risks presented by the increasing use of artificial intelligence and how audit can help.
This highly interactive course will also explore how Internal Audit can analyse data using existing software to maximise the assurances it provides to the organisation. We will also practice techniques to improve the presentation of information gained from audit testing. You will learn tips and tricks to speed up your work, particularly in the testing and reporting phases of an audit and for the summary assurance reports provided to Audit Committees and Boards.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of value to Chief Audit Executives, Audit Managers, Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Auditors, as well as those in the organisation who are using data in new ways.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand and harness new technological developments
- Analyse data to maximise assurance
- Practise techniques to better present collated information from audit testing
- Speed up testing and reporting
- Understanding the theory and practice of Application Systems design to enable embedded auditing and continuous
- auditing and audit analysis of data.
- A greater depth of understanding of data definitions, structures
- and relationship- the basis on which Data Analytics is undertaken.
- Understanding Data Analytics
- The enablers of Data Analytics and,
- The challenges in acquiring and using Data Analytics
- Approach and Implementation Plan
Overview of Data Analytics
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Discuss the main components of a data analysis tool
- List the main tools commonly used for data analysis
- Use of data analytics for continuous monitoring – business performance and controls monitoring
- Use of data analytics for continuous assurance
- Use of data analytics for data driven investigations
Understanding Data Analytics
- The Data Analytics Process
- Data Analytic Tools
- Resource Requirements and Challenges
- Internal Audit use
- Approach to Implementation.
Evolution of Cyber threats and Controls
- Virus and Malware,
- Denial of Service Attack,
- Cyber Fraud,
- Zero day Attacks,
- Risks Associated with Internet, Servers/Desktop, WIFI, Cloud Security, Internet of Things (IoT) and some of the ready controls available
Business Impact Assessment on Cyber attacks
- To understand the impact and loss of Cyberattack to the different industries
Cybersecurity Law and Regulations
- Understanding different Cybersecurity Law and other regulations
Other Types of Cyber Developments
Understand the other types of developing cyber security controls like:
- threat intelligence/analytics,
- user behaviour analysis,
- secure code development,
- automated threat modeling & attack simulations,
- pattern of life technologies,
- content disarming and reconstruction and more.
Improve fraud detection, define your investigative skills and learn how to help your organization address the challenge of fraud
- Creating an Environment for Dealing with Fraud
- Detecting Fraud in Routine Audits
- Fraud and Technology
- Fraud Exposures and Audit Suggestions
- Investigation for Internal Auditors
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.