Designing & Implementing Competency
Frameworks and Assessment Tools
Maximising the Return on Human Investment.
10 -14 July 2023
Sandton Centre Johannesburg South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
R16, 999.00 Per Delegate
The presence of Gen Z and Millennials in the workforce is raising the stakes for clear and accurate assessment of potential and the need for organizations to demonstrate opportunities for career progression to genuinely talented individuals.
With the Human Capital being one of the most expensive budget items, the organisations with the ability to maximize potential and talent will deliver higher profitability and greater investment.
This Designing & Implementing Competency Frameworks and Assessment Tools training course delivers in-depth content covering the design, implementation and application of Competency Frameworks to identify, train, develop and improve the return on investment achieved through the human resource.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding competence
- Defining the values of organisations and their links to competencies
- Identifying role-model behaviours
- Communicating the commercial benefit
- Capturing and collating competency evidence
- Linking strategies to long term talent management
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of Competency Based Frameworks and their uses
- Show how the assessments play a part in helping their organization perform at a higher level
- Determine characteristics valued by their organisation
- Develop a framework aligned with the vision, mission and corporate objectives of the organisation
- Engage with management upon return to work to drive the process
- Pilot and then launch a competency-based framework and corresponding metrics
- Human Resource Managers and Directors
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Organisational Development Professionals
- Business Consultants
- Operation Managers/Process Managers
- Middle Managers and Team Leaders involved in team development
The Role of Competency Frameworks
- What are competencies?
- What they are intended to do?
- Why the competency approach is needed
- Defining organisational competencies with business goals
- Links to Vision, Mission, Culture and Corporate Objectives
Developing Competency-Based Frameworks
- Working with Stakeholders
- Communicating the intent
- Launching the project
- Securing employee buy-in
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Legal considerations
Core Competencies and Criteria
- Converting the ‘what’ into the ‘how’
- Examining successful skills
- Identifying Core or generic competencies
- Defining competency evidence
- Agreeing organisation norms
- Reaching management standards and consensus
Assessment Tools – Design, Usage and Data Capture
- Designing Scales and weighting
- Observation and feedback methods
- Evidence-based assessment
- Automating the collection and measurement process
- Job Mapping – creating model profiles
- Appeals and disputes process
Putting Competency Frameworks to use
- Analysis and Reporting of results
- Identifying weaknesses and potential competency gaps
- Talent identification
- Integrating with other HR processes
- Using competency evidence for organisational review
- Demonstrating ROI
End of the workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.