Fintech and the Fundamentals
of Blockchain for Finance.
25 - 28 January 2022 Sandton Centre, Jhb South Africa
11 – 14 April 2022 Cape Town, South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00
Online R9, 999.00
Online R9, 999.00
Fintech, like many other tech-oriented industries, is constantly evolving. There are new finance apps that are seemingly cropping up on a daily basis, offering bold new approaches to the managing and processing of payments. While this industry has been constantly growing, the arrival of blockchain technology threatens to bring an unprecedented level of disruption to finance technology.
Although synonymous with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, blockchain’s use cases are continually expanding into new areas of finance, as well as the healthcare, retail, entertainment and transport industries.
Blockchain essentially exists as an immutable block. With the technology, it’s possible to develop an entire ecosystem of fintech apps. Blockchain technology can transform regular financial processes into entirely transparent procedures built on secure and efficient transactions.
Who Should Attend:
- Professionals seeking to get deep information about blockchain and fintech
- Professionals who have an interest in emerging technologies and their applications in finance and banking
- Start-up founders willing to explore new ideas to deploy blockchain and Fintech solutions
- Technical professionals including those in IT, Finance, Banking and Business development
This course is developed for professionals who desire to gain an understanding on the technology used by financial agencies (Fintech) and how this ecosystem operates. Participants will learn to understand the primary pillars of the banking system, understand the strengths and weakness of the current form of banking and understand how blockchain and finance has created a disruption in the traditional financial industry. In addition, they will be introduced to the blockchain ecosystem and how the technology revolutionises the way business will be conducted in the future.
Training Course Content:
Fintech and Disruptive Finance
- Introduction of Fintech
- Alternative Finance
- What is Cryptocurrency and why is it considered disruptive?
- What are digital tokens?
- The future of fintech
AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) in Finance
- Machine learning in finance
- Robo-advisors for portfolio management
- AI for fraud detection
- AI and ML for Risk Management
- Smart contracts in finance
The Blockchain Ecosystem
- Users, Investors, developers and Miners
- Application Layer
- Services Layer
- Semantics Layer
- Network, nodes and Infrastructure Layer
Digital Banking and Blockchain Technology
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Introduction to Blockchain and the ISO 20022 standard
- Public & Private Ledgers
- Network effects and cost reduction from blockchain technology
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
The Future of Blockchain Technology for Banking & Business
- DeFi (Decentralised finance)
- Trustless and Costless Verification to the “last-mile” issue
- Tokenomics – benefits and cost for business implementation
- Blockchain and the challenges of Implementation
- Blockchain solutions to solve problems for your organisation
End of the Workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.