Insurance Fraud Prevention,
Detection & Investigation
Discover the Latest Fraud Detection Strategies
Book your training today to Reserve the date
The insurance industry is modernizing fast in numerous ways. The technology breakthrough during the last years and has brought an increase in the insurance fraud field. Thus, as a consequence, this outcome is changing the landscape in the sector. In this new fraud environment, effective fraud prevention has become even more important and vital for maintaining profitability and customer loyalty.
A modern, fraud combat squad presents the critical factor which will give the competitive advantage to the modern insurer to tackle fraud, increase profitability, beat the competition and expand to new business challenges based on a better, robust and low-risk customer base
This course covers how to prevent fraud from happening, how to detect fraud, the tools to investigate fraud, and how to gather a case for the prosecution. This course gives professionals working in the insurance industry the ability to protect their organization from internal fraudulent activity such as Agent/Broker premium diversion, re-insurance fraud, and rented asset schemes. It also covers external fraud activities such as fake insurance companies, offshore/unlicensed internet companies, staged auto accidents and senior settlement fraud. Latest Fraud Detection Strategies and Technologies will also be discussed.
This course uses a mixture of presentations, discussions, case studies, videos, role-plays and interactive exercises to transform participants’ knowledge into hands-on practice.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explore how the fraud perpetrator’s use of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing to defeat insurer’s claim of attempted insurance fraud.
- Recognize the elements of insurance fraud and the proof needed to assert fraud as a defense.
- Identify what investigation will be performed to stop fraud.
- Explore how the statutory requirement to thoroughly investigate potential fraud makes successful fraud difficult.
- Define the role of ethics in insurance fraud prevention
- Distinguish the nature and types of insurance fraud
- Set up fraud prevention methods for the organization
- Identify and implement anti-fraud measures and manage fraud risks
- Investigate and form a legal case to prosecute suspected fraudsters
- Evaluate and challenge management’s fraud risks
- Think like a fraudster – The only way to spot frauds
- Apply successful techniques to help prevent fraud
- Promote an effective fraud-prevention process
- Adopt data mining as a fraud prevention and detection tool
- Apply an effective fraud investigation process
- Apply audit skills to fraud investigation
- Spot when someone is not telling you the truth
- Monitor the legal compliance with anti-fraud legislation
- Preventing insurance fraud
- Detecting insurance fraud
- Implementing anti-fraud measures
- Investigating fraud
- Internal auditors in organizations without a dedicated fraud team
- Auditors who need to learn about the most modern approaches to fraud prevention and investigation
- Newly appointed fraud specialists
- Members of fraud teams who need to learn more about targeting internal fraud
- Managers needing a broader understanding of how to prevent and detect fraud
Whilst BMK Training has core courses which we offer on an international basis to both companies and individuals, we also recognise that from time to time, your company may have specific training requirements that cannot be satisfied in a public training environment.
We can bring our Training/workshops directly to your workplace or we will customize training to meet your specific needs ensuring effectiveness in achieving real performance improvement.
If you have 8 or more delegates then, in house training can be of a greater advantage for your organization.
Advantages of in-house training include:
- Cost savings up to 50% of the training expenses with more effective group training.
- Training is confidential, allowing teams to discuss and work on real issues as trainers will usually sign confidentiality agreements.
- In-house training encourages team building and better understanding of one another
- Training is fully-customized for any team, department, or organization