Maintenance and Troubleshooting of UPS
System and Battery Power Supplies.
Certified for 3 CPD Points (ECSA)
21 - 23 September 2021
Register Now! Few Seats Available!
Public R12, 999.00
Online R6, 999.00
Online R6, 999.00
An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Where a company regards electrical power as critical then there will be a need for a continuous or backup power system. The installation of a UPS will provide the necessary continuity. There are, however, problems with these installations when there is a need for maintenance especially the use of by-pass. Power Quality compatibility problems may cause failure, which was the reason for the original UPS installation.
The course is conducted as modular lectures with encouragement for the delegate to interact. Case studies are included to illustrate how the UPS can provide reliability and create possible problems when not installed and maintained correctly.
The theory of operation and standard testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of typical three-phase industrial UPS supplies and batteries are thoroughly examined.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basis for the use of a UPS
- Understanding of the reasons for, and benefits of, a UPS and its battery system
- Understanding how a UPS works
- Analysis of critical loads and the benefits of supporting them with a UPS
- Understand Critical Load Applications
- Able to review the installation and maintenance requirements of a UPS & Batteries.
- Able to improve reliability by improving the resilience of an electrical installation
- Have an appreciation of Power Problems and Power Quality analysis and maintenance of
- electrical installations
- Understanding of resilience and reliability issues relating to power quality
- Maintain and test Lead Acid and Nickel Cadmium Batteries
- Understand the performance test lead-acid and Nickel Cadmium batteries
- Identify the relevant hazards and apply safe working practices for UPS’s and Batteries
Who Should Attend?
This highly interactive course will enable the technicians and maintenance staff to perform correct maintenance procedures and troubleshooting of the UPS and battery systems. This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers,
- Maintenance technicians,
- Management professionals
- Project engineers
End of the workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.