Management of the Training
Function in an Organization
21 – 25 August 2023,
Johannesburg South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
R16, 999.00 Per Delegate
A vital function of an organization’s HR operation is to objectively determine the quality
of its training function. This course will provide HR professionals with the necessary techniques to address employee training and development needs in alignment with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
Given the rapid pace of change in today’s business environment, employees must continually learn through their careers to maintain performance and ensure business sustainability. The Managing the Training Function program enables participants to understand the key elements of managing training in small and large organizations and to bring the training function into the strategic core of an organization.
Training and development is potentially a powerful strategic function. It can make a major contribution to organizational, group and individual effectiveness, efficiency, growth and success. It is important that other functional managers accept the training and development specialist as a business partner, whether operations are coordinated as a centralized specialist function or are controlled by line managers. This managerial-level Seminar is relevant for those with overall responsibility for the whole range of formal and informal training and development activities within a business, delivering solutions to meet organizational needs.
The Seminar is appropriate to:
- The functional head of training and development or equivalent, either in an organization where training is a support function or in one providing specialist training and development services to a range of clients.
- Specialist who sees the management of training and development as a career route
- Manager for whom a period managing training and development activities is part of a career path
- Senior practitioner operating as a consultant in a training organization.
- Training managers
- Training Specialists
- HR Managers
- Learning and Development Managers
- Training supervisors
The course will focus on a range of recent Human Resource Management training issues including:
- Training Implementation and Delivery
- Developing Training Plans
- The Role of Training
- Systematic approach to training
- Training Needs Analysis
- Issues in Training Implementation
- Evaluation of Training
- Training & Development Trends
- Raising the Profile of Training & Development in your
- Training Methods I
- Training Methods II
- Trainers Role
- Role of Trainers Qualities of a good Trainers
- Internal Trainer Vs External Training and Training of
Trainers and other HR training issues
End of the workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.