Petroleum Refining-Production Planning,
Scheduling and Yield Optimization.
29 November – 03 December 2021
Register Now! Few Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
This program is specifically designed to identify and resolve issues of production planning and scheduling in petroleum refineries that are most commonly encountered by refinery personnel working in this area. Issues of operations scheduling for petroleum refining are discussed in depth. It will also be enhanced with planning and scheduling examples and will provide relevant background information on the subject.
Additionally, the program will present a detailed overview of refining process yields, from the crude oil feed to the finished products. Major refining processes are presented and discussed, including feedstock, feedstock preparation, operating conditions, catalysts, yields, product properties, and economics.
The program is oriented toward the practical aspects of refinery operations as well as the terminology and economics of refining.
- Refining professionals working in the industry either as refining technologists or in refining operations and engineers
- All professionals involved in Production, Planning, and Scheduling
- Process engineers and technologists engaged in planning and scheduling activities and are required to understand and discuss issues related to their industry
- Operations personnel including shift supervisors
- Marketers and refinery planners
- Blending professionals
- Refining Technologists
- Other engineers who would like a further understanding of the complex refining processes
- Accountants, marketers, and other professions who would like to understand the complexities and terminology of Production Planning & Scheduling in Petroleum Refineries
- Persons who wish to update themselves on the methods used in this important field and learn how to implement error-free methods for the benefit of their organizations
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Gain an appreciation of production planning and scheduling tools that will be useful for planning of crude and product deliveries
- Discover and appreciate the similarities and differences between planning and scheduling
- Understand the principles of scheduling optimization and promote efficient refining operations, and yield optimization
- Learn the skills to crude selection and optimization that results in improved profitability
- Develop the skills necessary to apply blending techniques using excel
- Learn how to familiarize and understand the various refinery types and appreciate how refining complexity impacts refining optimization and refining margins
- Comprehend the importance quality giveaways and learn how to use practical excel spreadsheets for blending calculations to reduce quality giveaways
- Use hands-on software that allows professionals in the industry to choose different crude diets to optimize refinery utilization efficiency and profitability
- Act as a primer into the industry of Petroleum Refining and familiarize industry professionals with all processes associated with the processing of petroleum into finished products
- Equip new engineers into the industry, with the basic tools for understanding the complex nature of Refining and its operations
- Crude oil characteristics
- Refinery configuration and complexity
- Major refinery process operations
- Environmental issues affecting refinery operations
- Development of optimization strategies and methods
- Improving the planning and scheduling operations which will improve the profitability
- Acting as a primer into the industry of Petroleum Refining to maximize process fluid yields
- Familiarizing with all processes associated with the processing of petroleum into finished products
- Tools for understanding the complex nature of Refining and its operations.
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.