Power Generation- Steam Turbines,
Gas Turbines & Combined Cycle Power Plants.
10 – 14 January 2022
Register Now! Few Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
This program provides a detailed understanding of steam power plants, gas turbines, and combined cycle plants. Each of the components such as compressors, gas and steam turbines, heat recovery steam generators, deaerators, condensers, lubricating systems, instrumentation, control systems, transformers, and generators are covered. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, and economics of turbines as well as emission limits, reliability, monitoring, and governing systems will also be covered. The significant improvements that were made to power plants during the last two decades will also be explained.
- Chemical, Process and Mechanical Engineers
- Product Engineers and Technologists
- Operation, Technical Service and Maintenance Professionals
- Engineers, Consultants and Sales Professionals
- Technical Professionals responsible for interdisciplinary energy projects
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn about components and subsystems of the various types of gas turbines, steam power plants, and combined cycle plants
- Examine the advantages, applications, performance, and economics of combined cycle plants
- Learn about various equipment including compressors, turbines, governing systems, combustors, deaerators, feedwater heaters, transformers, generators, and auxiliaries
- Discover the maintenance required for gas turbines, steam power plants, combined cycles, and generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity
- Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions
- Discover instrumentation and control systems of gas turbines and combined cycles
- Increase their knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability, and testing
- Gain a thorough understanding of the selection considerations and applications of steam power plants and combined-cycle plants
- Understand the technical features of centrifugal compressors and steam turbines
- Select the optimal type and size of equipment for a given industrial application
- Use methods of estimating the degree of deterioration and inefficiency of equipment
- Apply best practices and techniques of pinpointing the root cause of problems
- Choose the most efficient remedies and troubleshooting techniques in operation
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.