Production Planning & Scheduling
07 – 11 February 2022
Register Now! Few Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
Online R7, 999.00
This program is specifically designed to identify and resolve issues of production planning and scheduling in petroleum refineries that are most commonly encountered by refinery personnel working in this area. Issues of operations scheduling for petroleum refining are discussed in depth. It will also be enhanced with planning and scheduling examples and will provide relevant background information on the subject
Additionally, the program will present a detailed overview of refining process yields, from the crude oil feed to the finished products. Major refining processes are presented and discussed, including feedstock, feedstock preparation, operating conditions, catalysts, yields, product properties, and economics.
The program is oriented toward the practical aspects of refinery operations as well as the terminology and economics of refining.
- Operations personnel including shift supervisors
- Marketers and refinery planners
- Blending professionals
- Refining Technologists
- Other engineers who would like a further understanding of the complex refining processes and their impact on refinery planning and scheduling
- Accountants, marketers, and other professions who would like to understand the complexities and terminology of Production Planning & Scheduling in Petroleum Refineries
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Gain an appreciation of the planning and scheduling tools that will be useful for planning crude and product deliveries
- Differentiate and appreciate the similarities and differences between planning and scheduling
- Understand the principles of scheduling optimization
- Learn the skills to crude selection and optimization that results in improved profitability
- Develop the skills necessary to apply blending techniques using excel and linear programming software
- Improving the planning and scheduling operations which will improve the profitability
- Acting as a primer into the industry of Petroleum Refining to maximize process fluid yields
- Familiarizing with all processes associated with the processing of petroleum into finished products
- Tools for understanding the complex nature of Refining and its operations
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.