Public Sector Management, Governance
& Fiscal Sustainability Techniques
17 – 20 May 2022 Sandton Centre, Johannesburg South Africa,
22 - 25 August Dubai,
15 - 18 November 2022 Bangkok.
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00,
Virtual R9, 999.00,
$2500.00 USD - DUBAI,
$2500.00 USD - BANGKOK.
Course Description :
Learn how effective Governance implementation enables the assessment, monitoring and reporting of governance risks in support of decision making, business performance, and adherence to regulations, policies and mandates.
Participants will be exposed to proven efficient approaches that improve the performance and delivery of Government Services, create higher levels of citizen satisfaction, end bureaucratic inefficiencies and improve fiscal responsibility and accountability
This training is suitable to a wide range of professionals working on Governmental Organizations and Public Sector Entities which are planning to apply proper governance within their culture and operations.
Upon the completion of this advanced seminar, participants will gain:
- Improve alignment to mission, vision and values of the organization
- Evolve performance and accountability
- Increase decision-making agility
- Advance accountability for key objectives, risks, and performance
- Enhance convergence of Governance components
- Reduce the financial risk while achieve your organization’s goals
- Understand fundamental concepts of Governance & Fiscal Sustainability
Who Should Attend:
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior and middle level management of the Governmental Organizations and Public Sector entities
- Executive management and directors
- Responsible directors working at finance, internal audit, risk management
- Managers of compliance and internal control departments
- Non-Financial directors
Course Outline :
Governance, What is it about? Key Principles of Good Governance in the Public Sector
- The Definition, Goals, Basics and Principles of Governance
- The Added Value of Governance
- Building Governance Framework
- Key Principles of Good Governance in the Public Sector
- Key Requirements to Achieving Good Governance in the Public Sector
- External & Internal Parties Involved in Governance Process
- Governance Committees – Audit Committee The Most Important One
- Benefits of Integrating Governance Activities
- Effective Executive Management & Board Members
- Barriers / Obstacles That Prevent Full Implementation of Governance
- OECD Principles of Governance
The Risk, Compliance & Internal Audit Triangle
- The Fundamental Differences and Importance of Its Convergence
- Overlapping: Healthy or Wasteful?
- Cooperation Among These Functions
- New Trend in Audit: Risk-based Internal Audit
- How and Why Audit Units move into Risk-based Audit Programs
- Auditing the Control Environment
- Risk-based Compliance: Definition, Responsibilities and Goals
- Anti-Money Laundering
Banking System – Benefits of Dealing with Banks
- Commercial Banks vs. Investment Banks
- Different Bank Accounts – Savings, Time Deposit, Current A/C’s
- Lending Types: Overdraft vs. Term Loan and Lending Collaterals
- Letter of Credit and Letter of Guarantee
- Terminology & Concepts
Interpretation of Financial Statements – Financial Structure & Financial Analysis
- Why do we have Financial Statements?
- Purpose & Objectives of Auditing Financial Statements
- Financial Position Components: Assets & Liabilities
- Understanding The Characteristics of The Financial Statements
- Healthy / Unhealthy Financial Structure
- Profitability, Liquidity, Leverage, Activity & Debt Ratios
- Gap Analysis & Mismatch Problem
- Cash Flow Analysis
Risk Management Taxonomies
- Risk Management Framework
- Risk Management Triangle
- Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk
- Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Heat Map
Public Sector Management in Changing Financial and Economic Environments
- Understanding How Volatility Impacts Government Decision-making
- Developing Financial Data Collection and Analysis Networks For Decision-making Inputs
- Creating More Effective Lines of Communication to Improve Decision-making Processes
Strategic Boards & Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Role and Responsibilities of Board Members: Strategic Boards and Strategic Members
- Role of Strategic Planning and Thinking in Driving Organization’s Sustainable Growth For Within The Context of Sustainable Development
- Developing Strategic Planning Culture is Required to Uphold Organizations’ Growth
- Connecting Challenges with Strategic Objectives
- Digesting Strategy’s Berries to Ensure Success
- Questions a Leader should be Equipped with to Drive Organizations:
- How to create and develop a vivid strategy and to ensure smooth execution?
- How to dwindle the gap between the organization strategic planning and execution?
- What can cause a strategy to fail?
- How to monitor strategy to lead to organizational success and glory?
- How to close strategy to performance gap?
- How to measure & monitor the strategic objectives through a set of KPIs (Strategic & Operational)?
Strategies to Institutionalize the Regulation, Monitoring, and Enforcement of Government Projects / Programs
- Understanding the Linkages between Sound Institutions, Good Policies and Effective Government Programs
- Determining the Appropriate Balance of Government Regulation
- Developing Program Monitoring Plans that Focus on Accountability and Transparency
Strategies to Reduce Systemic Corrupt Practices in Government Operations
- Developing Managerial Accountability Plans at Each Level of Government
- Identifying Techniques to Mitigate Corrupt Practices
- Developing Performance-based Indicators to Analyze and Measure Results
- Improving Procedures and Quality in Daily Transactions with Customer / Beneficiaries
Fiscal Management Accountability: Revenue Forecasting and Expense Budgeting
- Understanding Revenue Requirements For On-going Operations and Asset Expenditures
- Setting Priorities For Tax Policy, User Fees, and other Cost Recovery Tools Under IASB
- Using Performance Budgeting to Set Government Program Priorities
- Liquidity Risk Management
Recommendations for a Successful Governance
- Conclusion and Augmentations – Tying up the Loose Ends
End of the Workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.