Strategic Leadership in Government.
Enhancing Your Skills to Address New Challenges.
24 – 27 May 2022 Sandton Centre, Johannesburg South Africa,
05 - 08 September Dubai
06 - 09 December 2022 Bangkok
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
Public R15, 999.00,
Virtual R9, 999.00,
$2500.00 USD - DUBAI,
$2500.00 USD - BANGKOK.
Course Description :
The pressures and challenges facing governments of all types are growing. The number and complexity of issues is increasing, the budgets and resources available to manage these issues is limited and expectations of citizens are becoming more demanding. Citizens, legislators, NGOs, journalists and other stakeholders have access to more information and tools such as social media to make their voices heard. Developing and implementing effective policies, managing change, dealing with crises and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders are essential skills for government officials at all levels, whether appointed or elected.
This training course on Strategic Leadership in Government will provide strategies and tools to enhance the leadership performance of government officials and allow them to take a strategic approach to managing the issues that face a modern government.
This training course will highlight:
- Ethics and values of good government
- Building a high performance culture
- Effective policy outcomes
- Managing change
- Crisis management
- Stakeholder engagement
By the end of this training course on Strategic Leadership in Government, participants will learn:
- Recent global trends and developments in government leadership
- How to ensure high ethical standards are maintained
- How to develop an effective organizational culture
- Effective strategies and tools for developing and implementing high quality policy
- How to manage change
- How to manage crises
- Effective stakeholder engagement
Who Should Attend:
This training course is suitable to a wide range of government professionals who are interested in developing their strategic leadership capability:
- Senior Government Officials
- Aspiring Government Leaders
- State-owned Company Executives
- Civil Servants
- Regulatory Officials
- Officials from public bodies and committees
- Non-executive Directors of government agencies
- Officials from government agencies.
Introduction to Strategic Government Leadership
- The Purpose of Government
- Ethics, Values and Standards
- Human Rights
- Transparency and Accountability
- Global Trends and Developments
- Challenges Facing Government Departments Today
Organisational Culture and Performance
- What is culture?
- Shaping an Effective Organisational Culture
- Maintaining an Effective Culture
- Effective Team Performance
- Performance Management
- Feedback and Appraisal
Policy Development and Implementation
- Setting Policy Priorities
- Policy Development
- Effective Consultation
- Impact Assessment
- Delivering Policy
- Planning for a Crisis
- Roles and Responsibilities
- First Response
- Managing the Crisis
- Crisis Communication
- Managing the Aftermath
- Who is a stakeholder?
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Engagement Strategies
- Public Consultation
- Grievance Mechanisms
End of the Workshop
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.