with Agile Leadership.
The principles of agility, agile leadership,
and how to be an agile leader
09 – 13 May 2022 -Johannesburg South Africa
15 – 18 August 2022 - Dubai
25 – 28 October 2022 - Bangkok
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
Public R19, 999.00
Virtual R11, 999.00
Public R19, 999.00,
Virtual R11, 999.00,
$2500.00 USD - DUBAI,
$2500.00 USD - BANGKOK.
Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
This training focuses on agile leadership, the principles underpinning it, and ways to implement agile leadership in practice. Concretely, the focus is put on the concept of agility and on ten principles of agile leadership that can benefit the navigation of complex environments. The program describes how agility leadership ties into organizational practice relating to leadership, teamwork, processes and strategic tools, and describes which methods can be used to reap benefits and keep on top of the challenges associated with agility – for employers and employees alike
In successfully completing this workshop you will learn:
- The skills that successful leaders use to enable the Agile Manifesto tenets
- How leadership in an Agile environment is different to leadership in Waterfall
- Why patience & understanding are key factors in being a successful leader
- How to use Agile leadership techniques to improve productivity and delivery
- Long-term strategies for improving yourself and helping others to contribute more effectively
- Understand the impact of Agile in your organization
- Learn how Agile offers new possibilities in delivering projects successfully
- Understand the potential of Agile practices for your projects and organizations
- Get hands-on exercises that will help you in implementing Agility in your organization
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Executives
- Managing Directors
- Business analyst
- Organizational Decision Makers & Change Leaders.
- Agile Team Members/Aspiring Agilists.
Agile Leadership Course Outline:
Module 1: Getting Started with Agile
- What Exactly is Agile?
- Agile Basic Concepts
- Agile and Lean
- 5 Principles of Lean
- Agile Manifesto
- Principles of Agile Development
- Agile Practices and Tools
Module 2: All You Need to Catch Agile Leadership
- What is Agile Leadership?
- Embracing Uncertainty to Increase Business Value
- Adding Business Value to the Organisational Mission
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Identifying Business Values
- Lean Six Sigma
- Sharpening your Influencing Skills
- Agile Leadership Framework
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence for the Agile Leader
- Cultivating your Emotional Intelligence
- Appreciating Diverse Organisational Cultures
- Creating an Agile Environment
- Implementing your Agile Leadership Action Plan
Module 3: Approved Agile Methods
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Planning
- Core Values of Scrum
- Sprint Artifacts (Deliverables)
- Agile Tools
Module 4: Agile Manager’s Role
- Managers Versus Self-Organisation
- What is a manager?
- Lean Management
- Agile Management
- Agile Leader
Module 5: Need of CEO’s Contribution
- What is a CEO?
- Roles and Responsibilities of the CEO
- Corporate Structure of a Company
Module 6: Motivating the Agile Workforce
- Why Motivation is Essential for Knowledge Workers?
- Self-Direction, Self-Organisation
- Learning Enterprise
Module 7: Self-Organisation
- Letting the Team Go
- Delegation is Not a Zero-Sum Game
- Complex Environments
- Self-Organisation is Not Self-Management
- Self-Organising Team
- Managing Self-Organising Teams
- Visibility and Reporting in an Agile Environment
Module 8: Agile Culture and Driving Change
- What Corporate Culture is and is Not?
- Hiring and Firing According to Culture
- Taking Your Time
- Change Patterns
Module 9: Agile Leadership – Final Thoughts
- Continuous Improvement
- Agile is Not a Place
- What Message Are You Communicating?
- Think and Act Like an Owner
- Role of Leadership in an Agile Company
- To use approved Agile methods
- Change patterns in Agile culture
Implementing Agile Leadership framework
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.