Writing HR Policies
Develop and Implement HR P&Ps in your
26 – 30 June 2023
Johannesburg, South Africa
Register Now! Limited Seats Available!
R16, 999.00 Per Delegate
In an increasingly competitive employment environment, when you want to attract and retain high performers, managing your employee relations and communications are increasingly critical and form part of your overall HR strategy.
This course will guide you to develop and implement HR P&Ps in your organization. You will ensure that your employment contracts and HR manuals meet your business needs, whilst attracting, retaining, engaging, and motivating employees. It will cover the fundamentals of HR policy development from strategy alignment through to policy identification and implementation.
- Understand organization culture and ensure that policies are used as a strategic alignment tool – not a policing mechanism.
- Carry out an in-depth analysis of their organization’s HR policy
- Benchmark their policies against current best practices and the latest thinking.
- Improve employee engagement whilst developing trust and fairness for both parties in the employer-employee relationship.
- Develop, implement, and revise HR policies and procedures.
- Human resource management
- Policies and procedures
- Business writing
- System thinking
- Flowchart development
- Human Resources Management Systems
- Fundamentals of policy development
- Developing a content outline for a policy manual
- Stakeholder involvement
- Sensitive critical policy areas
- Recent policy developments
- Identifying organizational needs
HR Policy Development
- Terms and Conditions of employment (T&Cs)
- General HR policies and procedures (P&Ps)
- Designing HR policies and procedures to support wider HR strategies
- Dealing with sensitive areas of HR policy
- How the relationship between employer and employee (the psychological contract) has changed
- Developing a supporting user-friendly HR manual
- How to ensure line managers buy-in through good communication
- Policy communication
- Confidentiality and controlling access
Policy Evaluation and Amendments
- Policy evaluation
- Gathering feedback
- Designing and implementing HR Policy Audit
- Policy changes and amendment
- Reviewing the HR manual
- Policy evaluation
- Policies for specific strategic initiatives
- Policies and procedures for international assignments
- Achieving work-life balance
IN HOUSE AND ONLINE TRAINING
While both In-House and Online training can present with cost-effectiveness and time-efficacy, there are some very specific differences between in-house courses and those based online.
The demand for additional courses by individuals or groups of people is increasing. Still, it depends entirely on the preferences of a person what type of training he or she wants to receive. Online courses and in-house training carry some similarities but they are considered to exhibit some very pivotal differences too. Despite that, both types of learning can be really beneficial for attendees.